X. Pass/Fail System
- At the option of the student's major school, credit toward a bachelor's degree may be allowed for courses taken under the pass/fail system and completed with a grade of pass.
- The major school must approve all pass/fail courses included in the final program of study, and students should become aware of school requirements.
- In graduate programs, thesis research hours will be evaluated on a pass/fail basis.
- Pass/fail enrollment in any course may be restricted by the school or department offering the course.
- Students who are permitted to register under the pass/fail system will be so designated on the official class rolls; the grades recorded will be S for satisfactory or U for unsatisfactory. These grades will not be included in the calculation of the grade-point average and cannot be changed to a grade that will count in the average.
- Withdrawals from courses taken on a pass/fail basis will follow the same rules that govern withdrawals from courses included in the scholastic average.
- The deadline to change the grade mode from letter grade to pass/fail (and vice-versa) is the same day as the last day to withdraw from a course without penalty.
Grade mode changes are allowed online during registration. After phase II registration closes, the following form is required to be completed and submitted to the Office of the Registrar.